Finding Balance


Want some truth? These past few months have not been easy on me -- mentally or physically.

With Xena, my beautiful dog,  being sick beyond imaginable (blastomycosis), stressing about my finances, being states away my significant other for over a year now, and just in general in a HUGE rut. After putting in a 9-10 hour day at the office the gym was not my friend and fast food become easy. After a series of easy decisions to skip the gym and grab something quick I realized I was headed somewhere I didn't want to be going -- just wasn't sure how to stop the train I had jumped on. My life was out of balance and just felt like I was wandering through each day. 

That's when I found out about challenge groups. Real people with a like minded goal who are joining each other for online accountability and support (and really a ton of fun!) while completing a fitness program at home that fits in your own time constraints.
So I sucked it up and jumped in. I emailed the girl I had been friends with in high school who was posting these real, everyday things on her FB page about her upcoming challenge group. She walked me through what a challenge group was and how to join and well, a few days later I had this new life in a box show up on my doorstep. At first I did not want to tell anyone what I was doing -- what if I failed? What if I didn't results like everyone else? 


So I took my before pictures ... and never looked back. 



In the last 7 weeks I've lost 15lbs and over 15 inches and really have not felt this great in a long time. I've also been saving money from not having to pay for a gym membership and having these groups keep me from eating fast food multiple times a week, plus the shakeology for breakfast keeps me from spending hard earned dollars at Starbucks too! 

So here I am on this journey to find balance in my life. AND because of the support I got from the challenge group I decided that I wanted to do the same thing for other people. #sharethehealth! It is so hard to make the choice to commit to changing - your body, your mental excuses, your LIFE! I did it and I want to help others do it too. I want to be your support system. If you are interested in getting git and healthy, please email me at thebowseat@gmail.com and I can help you set up an exercise program and meal plan to meet your needs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment